The Chiropractic Wellness Center of Cary, NC is Your Home for Holistic Whiplash Recovery
Whiplash is virtually synonymous with car accidents—but this neck pain syndrome can occur even after a simple fall on slippery ice! At the Chiropractic Wellness Center of Cary, our chiropractor Dr. Tammy Atkinson works with hundreds of people from Cary and surrounding communities in need of whiplash treatment in NC.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is similar to an ankle sprain, except it occurs in the cervical spine. If the neck forcefully and awkwardly moves or violently flexes back and forth (like a whip), then the tissues in the cervical spine can become strained, inflamed, misaligned, or otherwise irritated.
Rather than a specific medical condition, whiplash is a syndrome—a collection of symptoms which arise as a result of underlying damage to muscles, ligaments, nerves, discs, and other connective tissues in the spine.
Whiplash: Symptoms and Causes
If you fall or are in an auto accident or sports accident, be on the lookout for the following signs and symptoms, as they could indicate the onset of whiplash syndrome:
- Jaw pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Neck stiffness and pain
- Shoulder stiffness and pain
- Arm numbness or tingling
- Disordered mood, memory, and sleep
These symptoms usually show up within a day after the precipitating trauma. But sometimes they could be delayed by weeks or months. This may happen if pain-blocking stress hormone levels (which rose sharply during your accident as part of the protective "fight or flight" response) remain elevated for too long. It's a possibility if a person has a history of chronic stress or emotional trauma, for instance.
How Our Cary Chiropractor Manages Whiplash Naturally
Dr. Atkinson is proud to be a Cary chiropractor, and she's seen hundreds of her patients find effective and long-lasting relief from their whiplash pain within just a few comprehensive sessions.
Following initial evaluation and diagnosis, Dr. Atkinson can prescribe individualized whiplash treatment in NC for people of all ages, using safe and non-invasive services like:
- Chiropractic adjustments: used to gently realign any spinal joints jolted out of place by a fender bender, sports collision, or another incident
- Graston Technique: this classic chiropractic technique uses Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) to identify areas of restriction and inflammation (even if symptoms aren't present yet!) and can break up scar tissue
- Non-surgical spinal decompression: alleviate compression of injured discs and nerves
- Cold laser therapy: non-thermal light increases cellular metabolism and speeds healing in target treatment areas
Whiplash Pain Keeping You Up at Night? Contact Chiropractic Wellness Center of Cary In Cary, NC!
We've seen how frustrating this neck pain syndrome can be. If you or a loved one want to heal naturally from whiplash, contact our Cary chiropractic clinic at (919) 439-2539.