Dr. Tammy Atkinson, Chiropractor
Dr. Atkinson received her Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from the prestigious Palmer College of Chiropractic West in 2002. Palmer College of Chiropractic sets the standard for excellence in graduating doctors who are skilled in diagnosis, case management, treatment, and knowledge to understand when referral to a medical doctor may be necessary. Dr. Atkinson focuses her practice primarily on the conservative treatment of neck pain, back pain and other musculoskeletal problems using evidence-based, time-honored chiropractic treatments, physical medicine, and manual techniques.
As a highly skilled Chiropractic Physician, Dr. Atkinson has been trained in a wide variety of advanced treatment techniques. These advanced techniques have included specialized training in Gonstead, Activator, SOT, Flexion Distraction, Trigger Point Therapy, Active Release, and Extremity Adjusting. Dr. Atkinson combines advanced chiropractic treatments with physical therapy modalities, individualized nutritional counseling, and personalized stretching and exercise programs in order to maximize the successful treatment of her various patients.
Dr. Atkinson firmly believes that in order to provide the most successful treatment to her patients, the Chiropractic Physician must not only address the spinal imbalance, but also attend to the muscle and structural imbalances that may have contributed to the spinal malfunction initially. In order to round-out the successful resolution of a patient's physical difficulty, Dr. Atkinson believes that both the underlying spinal malfunctions, and also the overlying muscle imbalances, must be resolved equally. This effort must also be combined with appropriate nutrition, lifestyle, and postural changes. Only then, can a patient truly be returned to the path of recovery, and regain total freedom of movement and health from a particular disorder. Dr. Atkinson invites you to explore the new world of health and balance that is possible for you, through competent and appropriate Chiropractic care.
- Doctor of Chiropractic: Palmer College of Chiropractic West
- Master's Degree: East Carolina University
- Bachelor's Degree: Methodist College
Post Graduate Training in the Following Areas:
- Advanced training in golf injury, golf rehabilitation, and swing mechanics leading to certification.
- Advanced training in the treatment of whiplash and auto related injuries from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
- Advanced training in the Graston Technique.
- Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Certified Golf Injury Doctor, Blanchard Academy of Golf
- Member of NAALT- North American Association of Laser Therapy
- Member of the North Carolina Chiropractic Association
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of the Palmer Alumni Association